My ghetto caprese-turkey grilled cheese brings all the boys to the yard, especially after bike rides. No-thinking post-ride lunch FTW.
- Junky “multigrain bread”, because it’s what’s in your house
- Leftover fresh mozzarella
- Smoked turkey, sliced thick, because my mom buys lunchmeat in whole roasts and slices it herself. Win.
- Random sad grocery store Roma tomato (screw you, it’s April in northern Utah)
- Cilantro, conveniently masquerading as basil before it turns into black mush in seven hours in the bottom of the crisper
- Leftover pear balsamic reduction (nutty pear gorgonzola pizza experiment)
- Random raw broccoli and leftover dijon peppercorn yogurt vinaigrette, courtesy of the Feed Zone cookbook
Apply all ingredients to bread. Squish in waffle iron pretending to be a panini press. Take bad photo. Gorge. And actually, it was REALLY GOOD.